Colorado Summer Internships
Summer Internships at our Aspen, CO Campus
Due to uncertainty surrounding hosting in-person events, we are unable to hire interns for our Aspen, Colorado Summer Internship program for summer of 2021. If circumstances change, we will hire on a rolling basis depending on each departments’ needs. Please monitor www.aspeninstitute.org/careers for any openings. We hope to resume our robust internship program in 2022!
All 2021 internships will be posted on a rolling as needed basis. Please visit www.aspeninstitute.org/careers for any openings we may have.
- Authorized to work in the US.
- Must be enrolled in or recent graduate of an accredited college. Preference is given to current juniors and seniors in college.
- Experience and proficiency with a variety of software programs, including Microsoft Office Suite, social networking, and database applications.
- Event planning experience a plus.
- Great interpersonal skills, including a desire to learn and the ability to be flexible and proactive.
- Minority candidates encouraged to apply.
- Many of the internship position require a valid driver’s license. Please inquire with the hiring manager for the position you are applying for.
- Can I apply to more than one internship position?
- Yes! Please apply to as many internship positions as you are interested in, but we recommend you apply to your top three. Note that you should have a different cover letter for each position you apply to. Applicants who use the same cover letter for different positions are less likely to be invited for an interview.
- Do I need a cover letter?
- Yes, this is a very important differentiator to our various departments. We want to know why you are interested in the position you are applying for and we also want to see your writing style.
- What is the pay? Is there overtime?
- The pay is $15.00/hour with $22.50/hour overtime pay. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
- What are the housing options?
- Interns are responsible for their local housing, though the Institute will assist in locating opportunities when possible. In the past, the Institute has helped students find dormitory style living with rent of approximately $720/month.
- What is the best way to get to Aspen?
- Housing and travel to Aspen are expensive, does the Institute provide any assistance?
- Housing subsidies are provided on a need basis. There will be an opportunity to apply for assistance following your job offer. In the past, students have received $750 in housing assistance. Also, during your internship complimentary breakfast and lunch are available on work days.
- Is a driver’s license required?
- Not for all positions. Please inquire with the hiring manager for the position you are applying for.
- What if I’m not a junior or senior, can I still apply?
- Yes, but note that preference is given to current juniors and seniors.
- How will I get around Aspen if I don’t have a car?
- What is there to do outside of work?
- Aspen is a cultural and outdoors mecca. There are many beautiful places to hike and bike during the summer, as well as a wealth of cultural events and offerings. For example, our campus is located just steps away from the Aspen Music Festival and School‘s Benedict Music Tent. There are several planned activities for the interns which in the past have included a welcome dinner, white water rafting, free tickets to concerts, among other events.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.